Senior Web Developer
The Sr. Web Developer is responsible for maintaining our existing applications, as well as working with business units to flesh out requirements and implement new systems. In this position, the individual will receive specifications that outline functionality, from which he/she will work on the entire development life cycle, as part of a team including product development and business users.
- Develop and document web applications in Ruby on Rails
- Accurately meet the documented specifications outlined for the application
- Provide technical feedback on specifications developed by our product development group
- Provide support to the internal business staff on the functionality of the application
- Contribute to the direction of overall technological direction by being an active member of the staff
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
- Must have Bachelor in Computer related field, or relevant work experience
- Must have expertise in developing applications for the web using MySQL under a Linux environment.
- 5+ years of development experience in web applications
- 2+ years of experience in MySQL
- Experience with the Ruby on Rails programming framework
- Must be comfortable in a Unix-like shell
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming theory
- Strong communication skills and the ability to share ideas/interact with other developers
- Ability to work independently in a group environment
- Excellent testing and troubleshooting skills
Experience in one or more of these areas would be an asset:
- Test Driven or behavioral driven development
- Good commercial exposure to online advertising
- To have participated in full life-cycle development, preferably on large projects (more than 15 people, longer than 6 months)
- An understanding of code manipulation and optimization issues
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Exposure to or opinions about Agile Methodologies (Extreme Programming and Scrum)
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience building against one or more social media APIs ( Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.. )
- This position requires the ability to work on-site during our regular office hours (9am to 6pm)
- This position requires the individual to sit at his/her desk for extended periods of time and includes the usage of a computer, including keyboard, mouse and phone.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.