10 Tips for Creating an Effective Facebook Holiday Campaign
It’s officially the middle of August, which means the holiday season is right around the corner. For advertisers, now is the perfect time to start your brand’s holiday social media campaigns for the biggest retail time of the year. Here are our top 10 curated tips (straight from Facebook!) on how to start your holiday campaign off right!
- Start Early: It might still be summer but before you know it, you will start to see holiday advertisements coming earlier every year. To stay ahead of the curb, the perfect time to start is NOW.
- Mobile is Your Best Friend: According to Facebook, taking advantage of mobile is truly the best tactic in targeting audiences and driving sales. 73% of people say they always have their cell phones on them and on average, a person checks their phone 150 times in one day. (This applies for holiday time, and anytime!)
- The Holiday Conversation Starts Early: Television holiday campaigns usually start in early November, but Facebook shows that the online conversation begins in October, nearly three weeks before any TV ads are released. 42% of women claim to have their holiday shopping finished by November. Advertisers should take advantage of this conversation and promote earlier to plant that intent-to-buy seed before consumers are bombarded with advertisements.
- Take Advantage of Back-to-School Momentum: Leverage back-to-school campaigns to bring your brand to the forefront of the conversation and engage with customers who have shown interest in your brand before holiday shopping kicks off.
- Holidays Are a Peak Time for Engagement: People are very communicative during the holidays. On average, there are 237 million points published to Facebook every day in the US in December; this is 30% greater than any other month of the year. Your audience is talking, and now it’s time for your brand to reply!
- Make the Most of the Facebook Pixel: The Facebook pixel will enable you to track where clicks are coming from. Depending on how your campaigns are segmented, the pixel will show you what’s working and what’s not so that you can accommodate accordingly.
- Understand the Best Ad Type for Your Brand: Dynamic Ads are one of your best options to advertise multiple products within one ad unit, which is perfect for retailers. Facebook enables you to upload entire product catalogs. When combined with the Facebook pixel, this is a fantastic way to see what your audience is most interested in.
- Plan to Measure Impact Across Multiple Devices and Channels: Advertising, especially around the holidays, is a very omnichannel situation. You must be prepared to compare not only across placements but also across devices and audience segments and creatives.
- Organize the Clutter: Understand who your customers are and target them with the most efficient advertising by segmentation and comparison.
- Ride the Post-Holiday Momentum: Don’t be afraid to continue advertising after the holidays. 65% of shoppers plan to keep shopping after Christmas so it is crucial to capitalize on the post-holiday demand and see how far you can take the momentum.
If you are interested in building a holiday campaign with Kinetic, contact us.